Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

1602 AP doesn't join my backup vWLC

Hi everyone,

I have a problem with my vWLC and AP 1602. I have the  vWLC 1 with 7.4.121. software in cloud and 3 AP's 1602 and it is working fine. And I tried to make a Backup Controller vWLC 2 on Local network. I downloaded the cfg file, changedn the IP adress and uploaded on my new vWLC 2 with 8.0.100.0 software. The vWLC 2 picked up the  VLANs and it has same configuration like the  vWLC 1 but it can't see AP's..

Did anybody have a similar problem and managed to fix it?

3 REPLIES
VIP Purple

Did you try to go for

Did you try to go for individual AP (if it is registered to vWLC1) & then change the Primary & Secondary controller information under High Availability tab?

Make vWLC2 as primary & vWLC1 as secondary.

HTH

Rasika

**** Pls rate all useful responses ****

Yes, I did that.When I

Yes, I did that.

When I checked statistics of "AP join", I saw that the  vWLC 2 reciveid  requests from AP's and then vWLC 2 sent response to AP's but still  AP's didn't join to vWLC 2. I think that the problem is new version of software(8.0.100.0) on my vWLC 2 whose software supports 15.3.3 IOS version of AP's , but on my  AP's  is  still 15.2.2 version  ( because the software 7.4.121.0 on my vWLC 1 supports  that version of AP's  IOS).

I dont know what should be my next step?

VIP Purple

Pls attach a console output

Pls attach a console output of a AP (one of the one you set vWLC2 as primary) when it power cycle. That will tell us why it cannot register to vWLC2

HTH

Rasika

Views
Helpful
Replies