Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

1602E local power level

Hi,

is there any reason why two 1602E stand alone access points with same ios release, same exact configuration, same external antenna, one can be set as high as 22db tx power level for 5ghz radio and the other only to 16?

Here you can find the related output for the "strong" one:

Antenna:                        Rx[a b c ]

Tx[a b c  ofdm all]

External

Gain [Allowed 8 10 12, Reported 0, Configured 0, In Use 8]  (dBi x 2)

Configured TxPower:             22 dBm

Allowed Power Levels:           22 19 16 13 10  7  dBm

Allowed Client Power Levels:    22 19 16 13 10  7  dBm

Anf for the "weakest" one:

Antenna:                        Rx[a b c ]

Tx[a b c  ofdm all]

External

Gain [Allowed 8 10 12, Reported 0, Configured 0, In Use 8]  (dBi x 2)

Configured TxPower:             16 dBm

Allowed Power Levels:           16 13 10  7  dBm

Allowed Client Power Levels:    16 13 10  7  dBm

Here you can find the relevant piece of configuration fron D1 interface on both aps:

antenna gain 0

no dfs band block

stbc

beamform ofdm

speed  basic-6.0 9.0 12.0 18.0 24.0 36.0 48.0 54.0 m0. m1. m2. m3. m4. m5. m6. m7. m8. m9. m10. m11. m12. m13. m14. m15.

channel dfs

Regulatory domain is ETSI, however for both.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Jacob Snyder
Level 5
Level 5

I don't know ETSI regulations, but there are often power level restrictions on different bands and channels. My guess is the "weak" AP current channel has a regulatory max TX of 16 and the other channel does not.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Jacob Snyder
Level 5
Level 5

I don't know ETSI regulations, but there are often power level restrictions on different bands and channels. My guess is the "weak" AP current channel has a regulatory max TX of 16 and the other channel does not.

You are right, it's a matter of band, but what it's not clear to me is why the etsi standard talks about 23db max power level (erp) in the lower band but cisco let's you configure only 16, this way in order to reach the max erp power you need to pair the ap with a 7 db antenna.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card