cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

1811 WPA

rygar1234
Level 1
Level 1

Hi everyone I am new to cisco so forgive me for the noobie questions.

I have a dsl connection going to wan port 0 which provides our local network access to the internet and I also have port forwarding/translation for some remote desktops and our exchange server.

I will like to turn wireless G on for customers that come in and need internet access but I don't want them to have any access to our local network. If possible I want the 1811 to provide DHCP for just the wireless clients instead of our local DHCP server.

I have no idea how to accomplish this. I am using SDM manager 2.5 but I don't see any WPA or WPA2 Encryption since I figured using WPA with a secret pass key/word would be the easiest way for our client to access the wireless network. Any ideas or suggestions for accomplishing this?

Thanks for your help.

3 Replies 3

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

The only way you can have your 1811 to provide dhcp to wireless clients only, is to segment the wireless and wired users. If they are on the same subnet... not possible.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/routers/access/1800/wireless/configuration/guide/awg.html

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

rygar1234
Level 1
Level 1

ok am making progress. So I have the wireless up and running with an ip of 192.168.2.x and WPA my local network is 192.168.1.x. Now how do i give the wireless vlan access to the internet?

Thank you

A few more questions guys.

1. I dont see wireless B anywhere? When i go to configure the wireless i see A and G not B.

2. Why is the darn SDM wireless so sllllooow?

Yea i know am supposed to use the CLI interface but am still learning about cisco so using both makes things a lot easier to configure.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: