Replies

2600 AP keeps downloading config then reloading

mickyq
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

Ap type    AIR-CAP2602I-E-K9

WiSM2 ver 7.4.121.0

when adding 2600 AP's they are finding the controller and downloading. they then reboot and start the prosess again and continue to do this.

see attached text file showing the output from the console.

any help would be appreciated.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Saurav Lodh
Level 7
Level 7

From the console message , we see the Join request> software check> Image not found> download> reload is happening again ad again. Generally AP checks to make sure it has the same image as that of the controller. If not, the AP downloads it from Controller, once it is done, configuration is copied. However, it is prompting < image not found> each time at the end of process, so please reimage your controller and try the join process again.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Saurav Lodh
Level 7
Level 7

From the console message , we see the Join request> software check> Image not found> download> reload is happening again ad again. Generally AP checks to make sure it has the same image as that of the controller. If not, the AP downloads it from Controller, once it is done, configuration is copied. However, it is prompting < image not found> each time at the end of process, so please reimage your controller and try the join process again.

Hi Salodh

thanks for poitning me in the right direction. Ive had a look at the proceedure and it seems the image is in the controller software. I would have to re-install the whole operating system. What I think I will do is point the DNS record to my second WiSM. I can then worry about the software if I ever upgrade.

Hi Saurav

changing the DNS worked so Im going to download the software to wism thats not working again. hopefully that will resolve the problem.

thanks again.

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card