Views
Helpful
Replies

302-08P and AP1041N a good fit?

Mike Atkins
Level 1
Level 1

Hello-

I am replacing wireless for a local hotel. It is a 2 story building in a L shape, about 120 rooms. All cat5e cables have been tested and certified. I installed a 302-08P switch in the MDF and IDF and are uplinked via copper/gig ports. I am replacing some old WAP200s - 7 of them - 4 in one wing and 3 in another.

I'm looking at the AP1041N. It uses about 13 watts, and the 08P is capable of 62 total (15 per port). I believe that with these power considerations I will not be able to go w/more than 4 APs per switch which should be plenty. Otherwise I will need to upgrade to the MP switch or use some injectors.

I would love to get some feedback on the AP1041N as well as using it w/the 08P. Some reviews I have come across state that it has excellent signal strength. The APs will be located at the top of the 1st floor in a chaseway between the rooms. The current WAP200s produce pretty decent coverage, so I am thinking that the 1041 should blow it away. Any thoughts?

I know that wireless is finicky, but any chance that I could reduce the number of APs by upgrading from the Linksys WAP200 to the Cisco 1041?

Any other comments, thoughts or ideas would be appreciated as well.

Thanks

2 Replies 2

jasbryan
Level 6
Level 6

Mike,

You might want to repost this under https://supportforums.cisco.com/community/netpro/wireless-mobility for answer on Aironet products.

Jasbryan

Thanks Jasbryan, I will do that.

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card