Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

340 & 350 AP Firmware

The current firmware for the 340 & 350 AP's is VxWorks 12.0(3)T. I have downloaded both images and they are the same file - 'Bonsai_release_Enterprise.img'

Cisco have announced that an IOS image will be available for the 350 Series AP's in the 3rd quarter of 2003 (so sometime shortly I would expect). Does anyone know if this image will be compatible with 340 series AP's as well as 350's? I know the 350 Series have more powerful 802.11b radios but is the other hardware the same and the IOS upgrade should work?

Thanks

Andy

2 Replies 2

ssoberlik
Level 4
Level 4

The 340 series Access Points have hardware differences (beyond simply the radio). Regrettably, it is these hardware differences that make the 340 series Access Points incompatible with the IOS upgrade image.

Thanks for the reply. I asked TAC the question as well as Partner Forums and to be honest no one would give a definate answer. I am not entirely convinced that the IOS (when released...) will not work. Check yourself - the 340AP 12.0(3)T image is EXACTLY the same image file as the 350AP 12.0(3)T image.

I will wait for the software to be released and read the release notes.

Andy

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: