cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

350 Aironet Bridge client logging "Lost Authentication with Parent"

cljones
Level 1
Level 1

I have a 350 Bridge setup as a client that keeps reporting "Lost Authentication with Parent". When this happens is de-associates from the root bridge and conectivity is lost. It then reassociates with the root and goes on. The root bridge logs that it is deauthenticating the client with a reason of "Not Authenticated". The root also shows the client then authenticates and re-associates. This occurs somewhat randomly but frequently. It can be few seconds or a few minutes between incidents. I have three other client bridges shooting back to the same root that are not having this problem. All bridges are running 128-bit WEP, 11Mbps, and have 47% or better signal strength at the root bridge. The clients are all less than 2 miles from the root. The problem client is about 1.25 miles away.

Anyone have any ideas on what's going on?

Thanks... Chris

4 Replies 4

Nick Howells
Level 1
Level 1

I have seen similar issues with bridge links i have set up, even in lab scenarios with the bridges 2 metres apart. I have this error on 11.23T firmware, i downgraded all units to 11.10T1 and all is good now. Maybe try that.

First try an Antenna Allignment Test from the non-root bridges to see what signal quality and strength you are getting through, it may be an antenna allignment problem. If still no success open a TAC case through your Cisco rep.

Nick Howells Head of Solutions Sales - Collaboration STS (Structured Technology Services) T: 0116 240 8820 | D: 0116 240 8832 | M: 07764 710396 E: nickh@sts-communications.com | W: www.sts-communications.com

I have the same problem with 2 similar links using 2 Bri350 with yagi antennas: the first is 2,5 km long and the second 300 meters long. I tried to downgrade firmware to version BR350v1110T1 without improvements.

What can I do?

Thank you.... Francesco

Hi all,

I improve my situation disabling Spanning Tree features: in the 300 meters long link I haven't lost authentication anymore but my customer says that the link is very slow, in the longer one I have lost authentication but link goes up in about 1 second, we're testing link's working.

Any news?

Thank you

Francesco

kahl_z
Level 1
Level 1

I found that setting the non-root bridge to "non-root bridge w/clients" corrects this problem. Also disabling SPT on the non-roots will also help. This seems to be a problem with 11.23T.

Zak

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card