cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

350 AP connections

smicale
Level 1
Level 1

I have a 350 AP currently setup for a few clients in a location. I created one SSID and I don't broadcast this SSID. I even have it set so that only certain MAC addresses can work with this AP. This clients are apart of our network and I want them to have access to anything on it. My problem is I want to allow other mobile users to have access to this AP for Internet access, but I don't want them to be able to access anything on the network. Is there a way to do this with my 350 AP so that a person can walk in the building turn their laptop on and have access to the Internet and that is it. Also I want it so they don't have to enter in a SSID to get access. Hopefully this is clear to everyone and that there is a simple solution for this.

Thanks

2 Replies 2

amaitre
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

You have to configure a second VLAN on the switch that connects to the AP, and configure the AP port as a trunk port. Since you do not want your guests to access you network, do not route you VLAN anywhere (do not configure VLAN interface). On your AP, configure a second SSID (Guest) and bind both your SSIDs to there related VLANs. if you want people to connect without configuration, your Guest SSID will have to be in "Guest mode", and with no security enabled.

I hope this helps

pls rate all posts

Antoine

I guess this is going to be hard to do if I don't have a managed switch. I just have a Netgear FVS318 Prosafe VPN Router. My AP plugs into the ports on the switch side of the router. Any other ways to do this?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card