cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

350 Bridge - perfomance

gfosmo
Level 1
Level 1

I have 16 bridges located in a 28 sq mile area. 4 of them are set up as repeaters. Some of the 16 are constantly being re-associated and authorized and roamed. Does this affect performance? Can I force any one of them to use a particular bridge as a repeater to get to the root? It looks like because they are re-associating and roaming a lot, they use any repeater they seem to want to get to the root. If signal strength is low, does that also affect the route that they might take to get to the root?

2 Replies 2

amitubale
Level 1
Level 1

The bridges can be configured to associate to a particular wireless bridges with the MAC address.

Using a repeater decreases the throughput due to the hops. Connection through one repeater causes the trhoughput to 1/2 , 2 repeaters to 1/4 and so on.

Are you using directional anetena to send signals to the repeaters/bridges ?

Can you provide me with an example of how to set up the MAC address filtering? I believe this is what you are suggesting. I am not using directional anntenae due to the fact that two of the units rotate in a 360' radius, and only point toward the repeater for a few seconds at a time. Again, how does the perfomance get affected when the units associate and re-associate? Will forcing them to associate with a paricular repeater through MAC addressing, increase performance?

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card