cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

350 Bridge Problem

utawakevou
Level 4
Level 4

Last year we bought a few of our wireless equipments using Cisco 350 Series Bridge 12.00T. This was installed by the vendor and they did all the configuration. On one of our sites we have two buildings(bridges) connected to a main building(root bridge) where we have our fiber connection.

One of the 350 bridge (10.1.140.2) is set as the root bridge with omni directional antenna and the other 2 350 bridges(10.1.140.3 and 10.1.140.4) are setup as non-root bridges with clients with yagi Cisco antenna's. It was working fine until recently when we add in another bridge (10.1.140.5) to be connected to the root bridge. On my root bridge when I look at the Recent Events, I can see the the newly addedd bridge (10.1.140.5) get Reassociated, Authenticated and then Reassociated again etc.

I check the Network tab of the Root Bridge(10.1.140.2) and notice that one of the bridge (10.1.140.3) is not Bridge anymore. It is a Repeater now.

When I log into the bridge (10.1.140.3) I can see on the Recent Events table that (10.1.140.5) roamed, reassociated, authenticated, roamed etc.

When I log into all the bridges I notice that on the Associations tab of all the Bridges, Client, Repeater, Bridge, and AP are all ticked. Does this mean that the bridge is configured to be a Client, Repeater, Bridge and AP ?

I believe this could be the reason why the other bridge (10.1.140.3) is a repeater now instead of being a bridge and that is why (10.1.140.5 - newly added site) is connected to the root bridge (10.1.140.2) via bridge(10.1.140.3)

Please I really need some help

2 Replies 2

rsahney
Level 1
Level 1

1. I can see the the newly addedd bridge (10.1.140.5) get Reassociated, Authenticated and then Reassociated again etc.

This means that the device is failing to connect properly, data rate settings to yes excpt 1, check if there are CRC on the radio, if yes its Radio Int., best i would do is to open a TAC case, coz i cant write the complete solution here.

2 Does this mean that the bridge is configured to be a Client, Repeater, Bridge and AP ?

No it means that only the devices that have been checked will be displayed in the association table.

3 I believe this could.................

Well go into the Express setup of the .3 and change the mode back to non-root w/clients, that should resolve the issue.

I hope this helps

Thanks for you reply. This really helps. Found out that it was setup as a non-root bridge without client. This I change it to non-root bridge with client. It works fine now

What does client mean ? LAN (wire connected) PC/Laptops or roaming (wireless) PC/Laptops

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card