Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

You may experience some slow load times, errors, and slight inconsistencies. We ask for your patience as we finalize the launch. Thank you.

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our beta test area to get started.

350 bridge

I've got got 1500's deployed with a controller. What I need is bridge set-up over at a construction sight with a camera. I have a left over 350 bridge and repeater. So far I have not been able to get them to attach to the 1500. They will attach to a 1200 with noproblem.

I've entered the Mc in the controller, in same sub-net, and checked the encryption.

Looked around for info on this, but time is short as always.

• Other Wireless - Mobility Subjects
2 REPLIES
Hall of Fame Super Red

Re: 350 bridge

Hi Thomas,

I think that you are running into the following;

Q. Are the Cisco Aironet 1500 Series Mesh APs interoperable with other Cisco Aironet APs? What are the Cisco devices that are compatible with mesh APs?

A. No. The Cisco Aironet 1500 Series is Lightweight Access Point Protocol (LWAPP)-based and does not interoperate with Cisco IOS Software-based Cisco Aironet Wireless Bridges or APs that exist. However, it does interoperate with all LWAPP-based APs and WLAN controllers.

From this good Q&A doc;

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/wireless/ps430/products_qanda_item09186a0080094d01.shtml#aps

Q. Is the Cisco Aironet 1500 Series compatible with the Cisco Aironet 1400 Series and Cisco Aironet 1300 Series?

A. The Cisco Aironet 1500 Series is LWAPP-based and will not interoperate with autonomous Cisco Aironet wireless bridges or access points such as the Cisco Aironet 1400 Series and the Cisco Aironet 1300 Series in autonomous mode. In addition, it will not bridge to the Cisco Aironet 1300 Series in lightweight mode because in lightweight mode, the Cisco Aironet 1300 Series operates only as an access point (and not a bridge). The Cisco Aironet 1500 Series will, however, co-exist in the same WLAN as a Cisco Aironet 1300 Series in lightweight mode (for example, within the same wireless LAN controller or across multiple controllers within the same mobility group), allowing a wireless client to roam seamlessly between the Cisco Aironet 1500 Series and 1300 Series Access Points.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/ps6548/products_qanda_item0900aecd80364a30.shtml

Hope this helps!

Rob

Please remember to rate helpful posts.....

"May your heart always be joyful And may your song always be sung May you stay forever young " - Dylan

Re: 350 bridge

Thanks for the reply Rob. Ended up using the 1200 over to the sight and it worked out fine.

Still not clear why the panasonic camera would not connect to the LWAPP.

THANKS again.

Views
Helpful
Replies