Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

350 PCI Card and WIndows 2000 troubles

I have a 350 PCI Client Adapter in a Windows 2000 Advanced Server. I am running firmware version 4.25.30, driver version 8.2.3 and ACU 5.05.001. The wireless adapter is used to connect to a wireless ISP in Central Illinois via an external Andrew antenna. The adapter will run for approximately 3-4 hours. At that time the adapter, even if good signal strengh and signal quality are present, can not ping the default gateway until I hit the 'Restart Card' button under the Site Survey. Occasionally this does not fix the problem and the machine has to be rebooted to restore connectivity.

I have verified that things such as arp entries for the default gateway have not changed and that the MAC address of the AP to which I am associated with has not changed either.

Has anyone else had Windows 2000 problems with the PCI card such as this?

Thanks in advance -

Bob

1 REPLY

Re: 350 PCI Card and WIndows 2000 troubles

The Cisco Aironet 350 series PCI is IEEE 802.11b-compliant client adapters. That means it should not have any interoperability issues with Windows 2000 Advanced Server.

Views
Helpful
Replies