Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

350 WGB Killing 1100 AP Clients?!?!

Customer has 2 1100 AP's and one 350 WGB. I keep getting a situation where clients stay associated to an AP but cannot pass IP traffic. I finally have troubleshooted this down to the WGB. The WGB has one HP laserprinter attached to it. The problem moves between AP's depending on which AP I force the WGB to associate to. The first symptom the client notices is that they cannot print. After that the clients cannot communicate on the network. I have seen this first hand. If I look at the association table, I see the WGB listed along with 7-8 clients. I cannot ping the WGB, but can the clients. Wait about 2 minutes and then you cannot ping the clients either. I have turned off all security including WEP and the problem still comes back. The only way to get the AP back is to reboot it or just by turning WEP on then off seems to bring it back to life. All patch cables replaced, Firmware current on all devices, All 350 series clients, AP's and Power Injectors replaced. Currently I have the WGB removed from the network. The network has stayed up 2 days so far. The record is 4 after making a change. TAC seems perplexed. If it stays up another 5-6 more days I have to point to the WGB. Anyone ever run into this before?

2 REPLIES
Cisco Employee

Re: 350 WGB Killing 1100 AP Clients?!?!

Hi Sir,

What is your TAC case number I will review it and contact the engineer working the case to try and help you get this resolved.

Have you run a sniffer trace to see what is happening here ?

Re: 350 WGB Killing 1100 AP Clients?!?!

Case # D703459. We are currently leaving the case open until I see if the network stays up without the WGB. If we make until Friday that will be the longest it has stayed up. I have not had a sniffer on the network.

Views
Helpful
Replies