Views
Helpful
Replies

350 WGB loses IP

aichafe
Level 1
Level 1

Hi, Please help.

I have a 350 series WGB running software v8.65.02. After configuring it with an IP and an SSID. It worked fine. A duplicate IP address with another device caused it to lose its IP. Even after changing the IP address of the other device, It still fails to show its IP. My problem no is that I cannot get into the bridge to correct the IP. I used the IP Utility and telnet and nothing works.

Please help on how I can get into the bridge. The bridge works ok even without the IP, but i need to change the SSID.

Thanks.

Chafe

3 Replies 3

kmarrero
Level 4
Level 4

Two things that you can do to get into the WGB. One is to get a laptop or PC and configure it with an IP address of 192.168.200.2 and try to telnet to the WGB using it's default IP address of 192.168.200.1 as it may have changed it's IP back to the default when there was an IP conflict. The second thing to do is to reset the WGB back to factory default then use the laptop or PC like I mentioned in the first scenario to telnet into the device and reconfigure it. Here is a link that shows how to reset the WGB back to factory defaults. http://www.cisco.com/warp/public/102/wlan/pwrec-2.html#workgroup_bridge

kmarrero, I'm having the same problem, but even after setting back to defaults, reconfiguring, then bench testing with standard antennas, everything works fine. UNTIL, I install them in the field with the Hyperlink pararbolic antennas. As soon as the links come up, I lose IP connectivity with the bridges. I'm still passing data, but cannot telnet, web, etc into the bridge, as the IP does not respond.

Any ideas?

Ron McFarland

kmarrero, correction, this problem is not with WGB, it is with the BR-350. Any ideas? Anyone?

TIA

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card