Views
Helpful
Replies

3502 AP - Infection Control

Craig Le-Butt
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

I'm from a hospital, we're looking at usiing the new 3502 AP's on some new builds.

Becouse of Infection Control, I'm looking for a sheaf or seal to cover the gap between the surface the AP is mounted to and the AP it self to stop dust getting in, but also allow ventalation.

Has anyone come accros such a device?

Cheers

Craig

4 Replies 4

Serge Yasmine
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Craig,

Very interesting question, i think the best is to reach out to your Cisco Sales Team or Cisco SE. They will check this question for you.

Thanks

Serge

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

We are using this for 1140:

http://www.terra-wave.com/shop/polycarbonate-enclosures-10x10x2-polycarbonate-enclosures-c-229_242_244_280.html

Should work in a hospital environment.  Both have ventilation holes which also allows visual inspection of the LED lights.

The product specs is does not include the 3500i or 1040 but if you look at the product specs of the 3500i, 1040 and the 1130/1140, you'll notice that the dimensions are pretty much similar and they'll most likely fit.  If you are still in doubt, order one and check it out before ordering the entire lot (that's what we did).

Please don't forget to rate our useful posts.  Thanks.

qfpaldhous
Level 1
Level 1

I think what you are looking for is an ingress protection rating, confusingly enough given as an enclosure IP rating. This is mainly given for ventilation and access. IP0.0 means full access full ventilation, IP3.0 means restricted access full ventilation, IP6.5 can be placed outside and will stop rain and airflow getting in, but relies on heat dissipation to be carried out within the enclosure. Please look at any electrical enclosure manufactuer for further details. I would not be tempted to just seal up a wireless box, as restricting airflow can cause boxes to over heat.

Vinay Sharma
Level 7
Level 7

Hi,

Please mark the Question as Answered if the provided information is correct and issue is fixed.

thanks,
Vinay

Thanks & Regards
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: