Views
Helpful
Replies

3850 controller HA

hans.velez
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,
I was wondering if i need to had a HA architecture for the wireless service and i want to buy the new 3850, i had to buy two 3850 in order to have HA in one floor?

The APs attached to a 3850 in one floor can have a second controller reaching this across the network?

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPad App

5 Replies 5

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame
i had to buy two 3850 in order to have HA in one floor?

You stack them both together to form a single logical unit.  However, for example your APs are in Switch 1 and Switch 1 fails, then someone needs to manually move the APs directly connected to Switch 1 to be directly connected to Switch 2.

Hi Hans,

Refer this Q&A doc for CA deployment

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/prod/collateral/wireless/ps6302/ps8322/ps12598/qa_c67-726507.html

Q. What type of high availability is available with the Cisco 5760 WLC?
A. The Cisco 5760 WLC in centralized deployment mode (also known as local mode) supports N+1 resiliency. It also supports multiple link aggregation (LAG) to protect against link failures while maintaining throughput.

Q. What high availability is available with the Cisco Catalyst 3850?

A. The Cisco Catalyst 3850 supports subsecond failover through stacking. For wireless, access point Stateful Switch Over (SSO) is supported.

Page 58-71 in the below presentation talks about HA on this CA platforms. Please go through it.

BRKCRS-2889-Converged Access Architecture Overview

HTH

Rasika

**** Pls rate all useful responses *****

hans.velez
Level 1
Level 1

Thanks a lot for your quick response.

I gonna check all the info and i let you know guys.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPad App

Hi Hans,

Here is the latest 5760 HA & AP SSO deployment guide.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/customer/docs/wireless/controller/technotes/5700/software/release/ios_xe_33/5760_HA_DG_iosXE33.html

Add it to your reading list

HTH

Rasika

*** Pls rate all useful responses ***

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card