I have 5 point-to-point links, 1 using the old 340 series and 4 with the new BR-350. The problem is that when I inject traffic I lost the link and it appear to flap (goes up and goes down) for 1 to 10 seconds. This problem just pop up last week after 4 months without any problem.
One is around 13 km and the others less than 3 Km (1 of less than 1km), each link with a different SSID, using different channels (1 to 6). Working without EAP, TLS, etc... just the SSID. In my central point I have a cisco catalyst without power-inline feature without any special config (no vlans, no qos, just a simple switch) and the remote points are using a 12 port 3COM switch.
I check alienation, carrier test and everything seems to be ok, I also check the connectors (for water) and UTP cables.
After check this I upgraded to the newest firmware 12.01T1 but it continues failing.
After many tests, I turn off all radios and test only one link (less than 2 km), then I started to ping the local radio and without logic reason it lost around 5 to 10 packets!... (pinging from a win98). If I turn on all the radios, and start pinging it, I lost all of then, then it go back. If I add traffic, I lost every 5 to 10 minutes!. I check the logs and no error!, no nothing!.
The curious is that the 340 is working really nice!!
Any idea? I also check the Catalyst no errors, just some collisions.
If you haven't already checked it, the speed and duplex settings of the older model's ethernet port may be unmatched to those in the newer models. My organization employs 185 access points over 15 different locations, and a myriad of switches at each location. I am the "lucky" guy who gets to babysit and optimize all of them..oh joy! Anyway, in autosensing mode on the AP's ethernet port, there is very likely to be some flapping. You might try checking the setting on the 3Com switch ends, too. Make sure you set them identically, or you'll likely have some problems. The switchport and the ethernet interface in the AP have to be the same, for optimal performance. Letting autosense handle speed and duplex seems like a good way to go,on the surface, but it isn't. During the time that autosense occurs, your 802.11b card is hitting the ethernet port at somewhere between 10 and 11 mbps , and which does the autosense detect and assign, 10mbps or the higher 100mbps? And then the switchport on the other end has to wait and see which one the AP decides to use, react to that, and, in the meantime, your AP has shut down due to a mismatch of duplex and speeds. Bingo. Flapomania.
If you think this might be your problem, and it is an available setting on your Ap and your switch, try forcing it to use 10 mbps/half-duplex at each end, and see if your flapping continues. IF that works, then try 10mb/full duplex. If still good, try 100mb/half, then 100 full, but don't use autosensing on WLAN, if you can help it. It took a while for me to find this out, but a lot of our problems came down to this simple solution. But us techs always like to look for the more exotic ones, don't we?
Transferring Crash file from standby:
Login to the Active WLC in HA.
(Cisco Controller) >transfer upload datatype crash
(Cisco Controller) >transfer upload filename <Desired filename>
(Cisco Controller) >transfer up...
This is the start of a display filter cross reference between Wireshark and OmniPeek.
The 1st installment is a table of advanced filters. More filters will be added as time allows.
It is a living doc, so check back for changes every so often
Please feel ...
I have created a Powershell script to automatically add a Wireless Guest User on Cisco WLCs. (tested on 2500 Series)
The script should be completely self explanatory.
Powershell SNMP Module (Install-Module -Name SNMP)
SNMP Write Access to...