Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

4404 Lan Controller - I need a help.

I want to know if the Cisco 4404 Lan Controller controls AP's 1120.

4 REPLIES
Hall of Fame Super Red

Re: 4404 Lan Controller - I need a help.

Hi Euller,

The support for 1121AP's was added in the WLC release 4.0.155.0. We were converting to LWAPP this past summer and thought that we were going to have to replace all of our 1121's. With this release we were able to convert them all from Autonomous to LWAPP successfully.

Connecting 1100 Series Access Points

LWAPP for Cisco Aironet 1100 Series Access Points (802.11g radio only) Allows the Cisco Aironet 1100 Series Access Point to be upgraded from autonomous access point mode to lightweight mode using the autonomous to lightweight mode upgrade tool.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Note You must install software release 4.0.155.0 on the controller before connecting 1100 series access points to the controller.

From these release notes for 4.0.155.0;

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/ps6366/prod_release_note09186a00806e8989.html#wp147320

Hope this helps!

Rob

Please remember to rate helpful posts.....

on that note, 4.0.155.0, has some pretty serious bugs. You should go to 4.0.155.5 to get the support for the 1100 series AP.

HTH, Steve ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ Please remember to rate useful posts, and mark questions as answered
Hall of Fame Super Red

Good point Stephen! I wasn't trying to endorse 4.0.155.0, but it did sound that way. Thanks for the correction, I don't want to lead anyone down the wrong path here.

Take care!

Rob

5 Points for the good catch........

great job steprodr.

Views
Helpful
Replies