cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

4404 wireless lan controller managment via wireless clients

btenney
Level 1
Level 1

I am having an issue managing a 4404 wireless lan controller via wireless clients.

I have checked the box "enable controller management to be accessible from wireless clients" under management. For some reason that does not seem to fix the problem (page cannot be displayed). I cannot ping the controller by IP but other devices on the same subnet respond. Everything else works fine.

I CAN manage the controller when plugged in a wired connection.

When I do a route print it is identical wireless or wired. The route simple points to my interface. If I modify the route on my computer to actually point to our gateway instead of the interface then everything works. But why should I have to do this only for my wireless connection and not my wired to manage this box?

3 Replies 3

johnwa
Level 1
Level 1

I just wanted to let you know that I have the same issue. I noticed that I can only connect to the controller in which my AP is associated with.

Thanks for the info. I narrowed the problem down to an ARP issue.

In order for me to connect to the controller, I run a batch file that creates a static ARP entry on my laptop. I don't have to do this for any other device except the controller. Not sure what the underlying cause is, but that works as a workaround right now.

tschaffran
Level 1
Level 1

Are you running the latest version of code on that controller?

If not, I would start there.

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card