cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

5508 wlan gui psk format shows ascii is actually hex

Jim White
Level 1
Level 1

Version 7.0.116.0  wlan psk format shows as ascii in gui but is configured as hex.

Appears to be cosmetic bug as clients still work ok when entering in correct hex key.

Thanks

Has anyone seen this on WLC controllers. My lab 2106 also has same trouble with 7.0.98 code ?

6 Replies 6

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Jim,

I don't have that issue with a 2106 running 7.0.x and I dont' have that issue on any 5508 doing PSK.  If I set the PSK to ASCII on the WLAN, that is what I enter on my clients.  I'm running right now 7.0.220.0 with no issues.

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

Hello Scott - thanks for the reply.

You misunderstand the problem.

Try setting the PSK key for HEX format in the gui. After you setup the hex key it works ok for client but

the gui screen still shows it to be ascii.

Oh... no that is normal.  That is the default in the drop down box, that is why.

-Scott

Thanks Scott,

Do you know of any cli command that will actually show the psk key format?

show wlan XX only shows psk enabled.

There isn't one. The show WLAN xx is the same output if you did a show run-config. You might try to dump the config and open it up in notepad.

Sent from my iPhone

-Scott

Ive never seen any mention about pulling the PSK form the WLC. You can pull the WEP key from the WLC, I know that ...

If you use Windows XP and PSK, you can pull the PSK from the reg file with wzcook ...

"Satisfaction does not come from knowing the solution, it comes from knowing why." - Rosalind Franklin

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: