Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
You may experience some slow load times, errors, and slight inconsistencies. We ask for your patience as we finalize the launch. Thank you.

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

5508 WLC Tacacs+ Auth Failing

Hi,

I just configured a 5508 wireless controller for Tacacs+ authentication, however its currently failing and doesn't allow me to login. The controller is on firmware version 7.4.121.0. I have another controller with very similar configuration and its working correctly.

When running the command 'debug aaa all enable' I receive a message telling me that the WLC is attempting to authenticate me against our Radius server instead of Tacacs when logging in via SSH or Web GUI. I also tried upgrading to 7.6.130.0 and got the same results.

Is there a setting on the controller that tells the WLC to authorize management access using Radius instead of Tacacs? Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks,

• Other Wireless - Mobility Subjects
Everyone's tags (5)
1 REPLY

Just answered my own question

Just answered my own question. I found the management user tick box within the Radius Authentication settings.

Views
Helpful
Replies