Views
Helpful
Replies

802.11N

ivan.martin
Level 1
Level 1

Hello, my name is Ivan,

How many users can associate in Cisco AP that support 802.11N?

Regards

8 Replies 8

Stephen Rodriguez
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

It depends on what the users are doing. I they are only doing email and web then o could have around 25-30 before you start to see degradation of service. Now if the users are doing a lot of video, then you are down to something more like 10-15.

Steve

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPad App

HTH,
Steve

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please remember to rate useful posts, and mark questions as answered

Hi Sthephen thanks for your answer

Do you have any information of Cisco about it? The users are working with email and web, and i would like to know it.

Thanks

Regards

Steve, what is the hard numbr of users 255 ?

"Satisfaction does not come from knowing the solution, it comes from knowing why." - Rosalind Franklin

Absolute hard max, 255 sounds correct. That many users and you would be crawling.

Steve

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

HTH,
Steve

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please remember to rate useful posts, and mark questions as answered

Steve,

It’s 128 per radio, though, right?

Justin

Hummmmm... I know I got 246 devices on 1 5Ghz radio (1142) ...

"Satisfaction does not come from knowing the solution, it comes from knowing why." - Rosalind Franklin

George,

Yeah, I thought it was 255/256 or whatever per radio, too, but then thought I saw something on the forums that it was actually 128 per radio, giving the 256 count per AP. Not sure where I saw it..

Justin

Could you explain me your answer please, i dont underastand you

Regards

Ivan

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card