Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

881 Router Wireless Module

Hi Everyone,

I was given an 881 router to work on. I was told that it has the integrated wireless module installed, but I cannot see any radio antenna on the device. Is there a command I can run to determine if the wireless module is installed. I tried sh ver and it did not reveal any information to suggest there is a wireless module.

Also in global configuration mode, the command interface Wlan-ap0, is not accepted.

Any help is appreciated. Thanks.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

880W antenna is fixed.  You can't remove or replace it.  So if there's no antenna then it doesn't have one. 

The command "sh inventory" that Michael has posted is a pretty good indication as to the exact model of the router you've got.  "sh version | b License UDI" command will also help.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

michael o'nan
Level 4
Level 4

show inventory

Here is the page for the wireless 881 model.

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/products/routers/881-integrated-services-router-isr/index.html

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

880W antenna is fixed.  You can't remove or replace it.  So if there's no antenna then it doesn't have one. 

The command "sh inventory" that Michael has posted is a pretty good indication as to the exact model of the router you've got.  "sh version | b License UDI" command will also help.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: