Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

881W - wireless question

I have a Cisco 881W configured for wireless (just a PSK, nothing special). I can get out to the Internet OK and browse to everywhere except my own websites.

It runs on a connection that does not connect directly to my network, but our website is available to the world externally.

Now, from the router a traceroute and ping work fine to our website but from the wireless connection I can get to everywhere else on the web but our website. A traceroute just stars out. I'm using 8.8.8.8 as a DNS server and nslookup resolves the DNS.

I can't set a DNS server or domain server on the ap on the 881W so are there any commands I can use to see what's going on?

2 REPLIES

Re: 881W - wireless question

are there any ACL on the router?

Steve

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPad App

HTH, Steve ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ Please remember to rate useful posts, and mark questions as answered

Re: 881W - wireless question

Just wanted to say this is now fixed. Someone had added a route in for management, but not been restrictive enough with the subnet. Didn't think to look at the routing as supposedly no one had changed anything.

Views
Helpful
Replies