Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

A/B/G PCI Client adapter not starting with Windows

I have 6 of the new A/B/G client adapter cards (PI21AG) that are running on a Windows 2000 & Windows XP (3 of each). The access points I am using are Aironet 1200 APs with the G radio upgrade kit installed running IOS.

The issue I am having is this. The computers using this card do not run login scripts or work properly in Active Directory (GPO, etc). Its almost as if the cards do not start-up/initialize before login. The cards seem to only initialize once you login to a preexisting profile. Trying to get onto a profile that hasnt been used on that particular computer results in Windows claiming the domain is not available.

I have checked the client and all my settings are saved properly, it is set to load when Windows starts. I have checked the Cisco configuration service and its starting up. However, its not working.

Anyone have any ideas? Thanks in advance,

~Matt

1 REPLY

Re: A/B/G PCI Client adapter not starting with Windows

I did some more digging and the problem resides with the Cisco Aironet Client Utility. If I disable configuration through the ACU and instead use the Windows XP Wireless Configuration Utility the problem goes away. This is obviously less than desireable, but at least its a short-term band-aid for my XP machines. My Win2k Machines are still SOL tho.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content