Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

AAA Override - QOS above what's set on WLAN

Hey guys, I think I already know the answer but thought I'd run this by the community.  I'm working on configuring a PEAP secured WLAN that will be shared by our Data and VoIP wireless.  Right now the WLAN's QOS is set at Silver and I'm using AAA Override to set the Cisco 7925s on our voip interface and set the QOS level to Platinum.  The problem is that I'm getting tons of the following errors:

• VoIP Call Failure: '44:2b:03:xx:xx:xx' client, detected by 'xxxxxxx' AP on radio type '802.11a'. Reason: 'Call failed: TSPEC QOS Policy does not match'.

If I change this WLAN's QOS to Platinum the error goes away.  My thought is that I may have to configure the default QOS to Platinum and override all other devices to Silver - I'd rather not do this as more devices are affected by that change.  If anyone knows or has run into something that I might be missing I'd be happy to listen to any suggestions.

Thanks all!

3 REPLIES
Hall of Fame Super Silver

Re: AAA Override - QOS above what's set on WLAN

Well whatever you set the WLAN QoS level, that is the highest allowed on the WLAN. You can't mark WMM higher but you can limit it. So set your QoS level as Platinum and make sure you drop the QoS value on non voice clients to bronze.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

Thanks Scott, this is what I suspected and what I had come to expect; I just wanted to make sure I wasn't missing anything.

I appreciate the quick reply.

Hall of Fame Super Silver

No problem

Thanks,

Scott

Help out other by using the rating system and marking answered questions as "Answered"

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***
Views
Helpful
Replies