cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Access Point issues

RVirdi
Level 1
Level 1

I have six AIR-LAP1252AG-E-K9 access points. Users have complained about connection issues. I have noticed in the last three days that certain access points stop working. They just don't allow clients to associate until they are rebooted. Then they work fine. I have resetall of them at least once, but two of them just stop functioning properly. Can anyone tell me why this is? It is not efficient to keep rebooting them.

5 Replies 5

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

What firmware are you running on your WLC?

ehlers.kevin
Level 1
Level 1

You could be running into this nasty bug CSCsz05479. It affects both 1250s and 1140s.

"Symptom: An AP1252 may be seen to stop emitting frames, i.e. stop forwarding data from the LAN to the wireless channel."

-Kevin

Hii ,

Please login to AP and issue the command "show controller d1" and check the state of Beacons and Probes . If both are enabled and you can see any beacons or frames on air , you might be hitting some bug.

Which code you are using ?

jcroft
Level 1
Level 1

What code are you running? Are you doing a large amount of Rogue Containment?

Bug CSCsx70686 will shut down your radios altogether if you are running RLDP and containing a large number of rogues.

Cisco is working on a fix that should be coming out in the next release of WLC 4.2 train.

I apologise only replying to one of the messages.

The APs are running:

Versions

Software Version 5.0.148.0

Boot Version 12.4.10.0

IOS Version 12.4(13d)JA

Mini IOS Version 3.0.51.0

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: