Views
Helpful
Replies

ACL is not working on WLC

Prasan Venky
Level 3
Level 3

Hello All,

I am testing my wireless network. I used some third party tool and found that 443 and 22 ports are still open on the Dynamic Interface IP of the controller.when a guest user gained access and if he tries for the interface IP then it shows the Username: prompt and closing.

Can we restrict it by using ACL..? I tried ACL but no luck.

Any help here..

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

16666 is the 'mobility' port, it's what the WLC uses to communicate with other members of the Moblity Group.

For the most part, if you haven't enabled management-via-wireless and/or management-via-dynamic-interface you don't really need to worry about it.

The under lying *nix OS is what initialy answers, but the actual application will kill the session.

HTH,
Steve

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please remember to rate useful posts, and mark questions as answered

HTH,
Steve

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

8 Replies 8

Stephen Rodriguez
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

I believe that you need to create a CPU ACL to stop this.

Steve

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

HTH,
Steve

Many thanks for your reply.

Can u please guide me here how to deny 443 on dynamic int ip ?

Here are some guides that will explane how:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/ps6366/products_tech_note09186a0080a7c988.shtml

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/tech/tk722/tk809/technologies_configuration_example09186a00807810d1.shtml

Thanks,

Scott

Help out other by using the rating system and marking answered questions as "Answered"

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

Omg... I did with it wrongly i guess..

my all access to WLC is gone now. It looks like in the acl i have not permitted any any.

What can i do ..?

reboot, and/or attach to the console port and remove the ACL from the interface and CPU

HTH,
Steve

HTH,
Steve

Yeah... I rebooted it... fortunately i didnt save it.. got access back...thanks for your care...

CPU ACL resolved my previous issue. Now i am not getting 443 and 22 as opened in my tool. but newly two ports 444 and 161113 are shown opened.

How it is .?

16666 is the 'mobility' port, it's what the WLC uses to communicate with other members of the Moblity Group.

For the most part, if you haven't enabled management-via-wireless and/or management-via-dynamic-interface you don't really need to worry about it.

The under lying *nix OS is what initialy answers, but the actual application will kill the session.

HTH,
Steve

HTH,
Steve

I got it Stephen ... Thanks a lot for your time..

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card