Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

ACU contains a Site Survey Utility - does ADU?

The CB21AG card ships with Aironet Desktop Utility (ADU) - does this software currently have similar software tools as Cisco's ACU. To be specific, does it have a "Site Survey Utility" and/or "Link Status Meter"? If not now, when will we see these features? Thank you.

cheers,

Nick Mackovski

9 REPLIES

Re: ACU contains a Site Survey Utility - does ADU?

The ADU supports only the signal support parameter currently, it does not have the Site survey utility.

Anonymous
N/A

So is there a planned date for a site survey tool? What is the recommendation for carrying out 802.11g site surveys in the meantime??

I called TAC on this issue and they told me that there was no plan at this time to provide the site survey utility for the CB21AG card. I was refered to http://www.airmagnet.com which has products that are capable of helping with site surveys.

Well I looke dinto it and airmagnet costs thousands of dollars. Thousands of dollars I don't have budgeted for this project. Thanks for screwing me again Cisco. Just like when I bought the Cisco security scanner, only to have it droped a year later! All I know is I bought four of these adapters to do a site survey and now I'm sitting here with egg on my face in front of my management and 4 useless adapters. I expect I'm not the only one upset by this.

Yeah. I just happened to notice also this was convienently missing too now that I have a survey to do here in the next week or so and I'm sitting on 4 of these adapters! Any help on this cisco?

Hall of Fame Super Silver

Cisco told me they don't think it will happen. I too have a site survey to do and I'm just going to use the ADu and NetStumbler to do it.

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***
Silver

Unfortunately the Cisco cards are not compatible with Netstumbler.

Hall of Fame Super Silver

The new version of NetStumbler works with the Cisco cards.

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

In the ADU on the main page, if you click the advanced button, the in top right corner it will displace signal strength and quality numbers. They default to db numbers, but in options, display settings you can change it to percentages. From my experience the strength numbers seem to be accurate, but the quality numbers do not appear to be accurate. Standing next to a AP1200 you get a 9% quality rating. Hope this helps.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content