Views
Helpful
Replies

adding the license key to Virtual Wireless LAN controller

g_parmar83
Level 1
Level 1

Hello to all

i am trying to add the license key to the virtual WLC but did not getting any where.

if i try to do it through the command line then i need the license file but i license with key like abcxxxxxxx

and i did not find any way through web login directly to the VWLC

help needed

Thanks in advance

gaurav

5 Replies 5

Eduardo Aliaga
Level 4
Level 4

You should be able to use the GUI and SSH to access the vWLAN even though you don't have an installed license.

You shoud use the management ip you specified during initial setup.

Please double check your connectivity

HI Edurado

thanks for your reply

first i am sorry if i was not able to expain my problem clearly.

the thing is i was able to login into  the vWLC through web GUI when i go to management tab then software mgnmt and then commands it still says me to install the license through tftp using a .lic file

but i dont have a .lic file, i got the license via email from my supervisior.

Is there a way that i just enter the license somewhere and done

or i would need that .lic file and upload it through tftp.

hopefully this time i explain it propoerly

Thanks

Gaurav

did you get a PAK or a license file?

if it is a license file, make sure that you do not have 'hide known file extensions" enabled.  this may hide the .lic ending of the file

HTH,
Steve

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please remember to rate useful posts, and mark questions as answered

HTH,
Steve

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please remember to rate useful posts, and mark questions as answered

actually i got the license key from my supervisior as written key via email like abcdefgh

if i had a .lic file thean i can uplad it through TFTP but it is written one thats why i don't know how to add it

Thanks

gaurav

mmangat
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

A certificate with a product authorization key (PAK) is required before you can obtain an upgrade license. Please check the following cisco doc for licencing step to add the license key to Virtual Wireless LAN controller:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/wireless/controller/7.0/configuration/guide/c70ccfg.html

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card