cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ADU 4.5 Profile Disappearing

derekliedl
Level 1
Level 1

Lately, I've been hearing reports from a couple of techs that profiles configured in the ADU will mysteriously disappear and the default profile (which was deleted) reappears.  Has anybody else seen anything similar?  If you have, have you figured out the cause?

2 Replies 2

Justin Kurynny
Level 4
Level 4

Derek,

Is this a new problem? Has anything on the workstations changed recently? Updated software? Updated OS? New group policy in the domain?

If you haven't changed anything with the ADUs and you're suddenly hearing reports about this issue from several different places, then I'd look for the common denominator, even from a domain (if it's AD) standpoint, i.e., this may not be an ADU issue.

Justin

It's a new problem to me, but I'm being told it's been  happening for quite a while and the work around has been to simply copy  the profile to the PC so it can be re-imported if/when it disappears.

I  know it's not a domain issue as the PCs it occurs on are not on a  domain.  I have asked the techs to figure out how to repeat the problem  so we might find a common denominator, but nothing as come from that  yet.

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card