Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Advice reqd on suitable wifi products for solution

Hi all

I hope someone could help me by suggesting some affordable products for the attached wireless network design.

The intension is to share internet bandwidth with three companies in the building next to our building. All the equipment will be well within 100m of each other, although there are a couple of brick and/or metal walls and floors in between.

Each customers' firewall (in ORANGE on the diagram) will be allocated with a Public IP address, and all networks must be fully routable.

Each customer must have a guaranteed (and throttled) bandwidth of 1Mb (presumably using CAR policies?). Bandwidth usage must be monitored and reported (using SNMP/MRTG).

I am trying to limit costs, as this will not be possible otherwise. From the attached diagram, would someone suggest a couple of appropriate products?

1) the AP/bridges and the routers on the customers' side of the wireless cloud (both RED in the diagram) - either an integrated device per customer to perform both functions or two devices?

2) The router (incl at least 2 fast ethernet interfaces) and the AP/bridge on our side of the cloud (both BLUE in the diagram) - either an integrated device to perform both functions or two devices?

It's important that wireless access is securely authenticated and all traffic encrypted, as all equipment will be located in a very public place (although, it will be physically secure)

I thank you kindly in advance for any advice you can give.

Hal

1 REPLY
Silver

Re: Advice reqd on suitable wifi products for solution

All the device features some properties.They perform well in their environment.The followign ur gives more information

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/ps5853/products_configuration_guide_chapter09186a008043ac6e.html

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content