Views
Helpful
Replies

AIR-ANT2440NV-R Installation

huajie chen
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,guys

Recently, I'm going to install AIR-ANT2440NV-R antenna for AIR-CAP3502E-C-K9. The Cisco document for AIR-ANT2440NV-R says it can be installed outdoor. But I'm worried about the line conneted between the antenna and the AP. Does it need to be protected from the complex outdoor environment?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

That can be used outdoors. You just need to follow some basic steps when installing antennas outside.

You need coax seal to cover any openings and connectors, make sure you have a drip loop and make sure you mount the antenna the correct way, cable on the bottom.

I have used these and others outdoors, but I also have installed a lightning arrestor in each antenna lead prior to connecting to the AP just for protection.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

That can be used outdoors. You just need to follow some basic steps when installing antennas outside.

You need coax seal to cover any openings and connectors, make sure you have a drip loop and make sure you mount the antenna the correct way, cable on the bottom.

I have used these and others outdoors, but I also have installed a lightning arrestor in each antenna lead prior to connecting to the AP just for protection.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

Many thanks!

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card