Views
Helpful
Replies

AIR-ANT5195P-R Antenna supported Access Point

mohammed-amjad
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have Cisco AIR-LAP1252AG-A-K9 Access Point and AIR-ANT5195P-R 5GHZ Antenna and i dont have Wireless Lan Controller so i have converted from LAP to AP with this IOS Image (c1250-k9w7-tar.124-10b.JDA.tar) now the access point is working but AIR-ANT5195P-R 5GHZ Antenna is not working with this access point.  How to work this antenna with this access point?  Can anyone help me this issue.

Thanks,

22 Replies 22

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

On HTTP/HTTPS:

1.  Go to Network Interfaces;

2.  Radio1-802.11A;

3.  Enable "External Antenna Configuration";

4.  Enter the value of "19";

5.  Click "Save".

Please don't forget to rate useful posts.  Thanks.

Hi,

Please find the below attachment.  I did same as u said but still i am facing the same problem just i am getting the signal from 2.4GHZ only i am not getting from 5GHZ antenna.  Is AIR-ANT5195P-R Antenna can support AIR-AP1252AG-A-K9 access point or is there anything with laptop wireless land card to support with 5ghz antenna?  Please help me in this issue.

Thanks,

Hi Mohammed,

I think that the problem is that the antenna you are using only has 1 connector. And the 1250 has 3 radio connectors per radio band.

check out http://www.cisco.com/en/US/partner/prod/collateral/wireless/ps5678/ps6973/ps8382/product_data_sheet0900aecd806b7c6d.html

It lists antennas that are 1250 compatible because they are MIMO and provide 3 antenna connectors.

Should you really want to use your antenna, you can configure the 1250 to only use 1 antenna connector but you lose all .11n advantages.

"antenna receive right" and "antenna transmit right" on the dot11radio1 interface on command line. Provided that it's the right conector wher eyou plugged your antenna.

Not sure about the web page but it should be called the same.

Nicolas

===

Don't forget to rate answers that you find useful

LeoLaohoo,

the gain is only to reduce the maximum transmit power to stay within regulatory domain.

So setting 19x0.5dbi of gain means your transmit power will be around 10 dbm at maximum not to break the 20dbm limitation of eirp (in -E at least).

So useless commands for compatibility.

Nicolas

===

dont' forget to rate answers that you find useful

Hi,

Still i am facing the same problem.  Where should i connect the antenna from the 3 radios of the access point.  Please find below the configuration details and my Access Point & Antenna images.

One side is written "2.4Ghz" on it and the other "5ghz". Plug on the 5ghz side.

A=right so if only 1 cable, use connector A.

===

Don't forget to rate answers that you find useful

I have connected as u said but its not working.  When i enable 2ghz its showing the signal but poor when i disable 2GHZ its not showing any signal.  Please check the configuration and give me solution.

Thanks,

Nothing will happen without a bit of troubleshooting on your side.

Is your client even capable of 5ghz ?

you didn't even put the "transmit" and "receive" commands I gave you, they're not in the config.

take a picture of where you connected the antenna.

Nicolas

Dear Sir,

I have connected my Antenna as you said A-Rx-Tx- 5GHZ ANTENNA in this port and i have enabled 10dbm power gain.  In the last message i am not understanding how to put the transmit and receive commands.  Can you please give me detailed desciption and thank you very much for your quick response.

Thanks,

conf t

int do1

antenna receive right

antenna transmit right

Maybe on the 1250, it's called "A" instead of "right" but in case of trouble, just use the question mark.

Nicolas

Dear Sir,

I did but same problem i am facing. ru sure this antena will support this access point or not?  i think this will not support.  Can you please make sure this will support or not becuase i am not finding correct information about this.

Thanks,

I did but same problem i am facing. ru sure this antena will support this access point or not?

Yes it will if you configure it correctly.

Can you describe how you connect the antenna to the AP?

Hi,

Please find below the drawings of 1252 Access Point and Antenna Connection and configuration.

Thanks,

Hi,

how do you check if you receive signal or not on the 5ghz ? how do you test this actually ?

what client model are you testing with ?

And why I still don't see "antenan transmit right" in your config ??!??

Nicolas

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: