Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

AIR-AP1142N-E-K9 Radio1 shutdown after joined WLC

Dear Sir/Madam,

I am facing an issue that a couple of 1142-N APs cannot up for Radio1 after joined controller (Cisco FlexConn 7500). I am thinking this is set to incorrect country code, but I have no idea of it.

Part Number                          : 73-12836-05

PCA Assembly Number                  : 800-33767-05

PCA Revision Number                  : A0

PCB Serial Number                    : FOC163844K9

Top Assembly Part Number             : 800-33775-04

Top Assembly Serial Number           : FGL1641S0S8

Top Revision Number                  : A0

Product/Model Number                 : AIR-AP1142N-E-K9

Dot11Radio1                unassigned      NO  unset  administratively down down

Dot11Radio1.1              unassigned      YES unset  administratively down down

How can I make sure the AP is in correct country code? Actually I am located in Hong Kong.

Many thanks.

Best Regards

Matthew

3 REPLIES
Hall of Fame Super Gold

Actually I am located in Hong Kong.

Hong Kong should be using "-N" regulatory domain.

Wireless LAN Compliance Status

Thank you for your quick reply. Is that possible to find out which location is this AP belong to and add the country code in controller? Because as I saw, we can set the radio channel and freq which can connect. Any suggestion? I want to solve this problem without RMA because there are a few APs got the same issues.

Many thanks.

P.S. Tried Country code "Thailand", but cannot change the country code and show error "Error in setting country code"

Hall of Fame Super Gold

You can add "HK" in the country code of the controller, HOWEVER, this is not recommended.

The reason is because if you have two (or more) countries with different regulatory domains, then only the common channels will be enabled.  There are even cases when even one of your radios, like 802.11a, will be disabled.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content