Views
Helpful
Replies

AIR-AP1252-AG-A-K9 Access Point

mohammed-amjad
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have Cisco AIR-AP1252-AG-A-K9 Access Point and 5GHZ radios are not working but interface status showing is up and running but signal is very weak I think it's working through only internal antennas when i connect external antenna even the signal is very weak and i am using external antennas air-ant5135dw-r=.  Can anyone tell me the exact problem of that 5ghz radios.  I have tried through external antenna gain 9,11 and 27, and all i tested but not working.

Thanks,

7 Replies 7

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Do you have the 2.4ghz radio also installed an that is working fine?  The 1252 doesn't have an internal antenna and does require you to install an external.  Do you happen to have the rubber ducks for the 5ghz to test with?

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

I have AIR-AP1252-AG-A-K9 and it has 3 radios for 5GHZ and 3 radios for 2GHZ and i am using AIR-ANT5135DW-R=.(5ghz) 3 Antennas on 5ghz 3 radios for Root and Repeater Access.  Remaining 2ghz radios i am using (AIR-ANT2422DG-R=) antennas for Client Access.

2GHZ antennas working fine for the client access but 5GHZ antennas not working at all on that radios.  I have disabled 5GHZ radios and configured 2GHZ radios as Root and Repeater also working fine. I have disabled 2GHZ radios to check 5GHZ working fine or not but not working.  Why 5ghz External Antennas not working?  Please help me in this issue because i am suffering since long time with this issue.

Thanks,

Please find the attachment of my Access Point Configurations.

I have AIR-AP1252-AG-A-K9 and it has 3 radios for 5GHZ and 3 radios for 2GHZ and i am using AIR-ANT5135DW-R=.(5ghz) 3 Antennas on 5ghz 3 radios for Root and Repeater Access.  Remaining 2ghz radios i am using (AIR-ANT2422DG-R=) antennas for Client Access.

2GHZ antennas working fine for the client access but 5GHZ antennas not working at all on that radios.  I have disabled 5GHZ radios and configured 2GHZ radios as Root and Repeater also working fine. I have disabled 2GHZ radios to check 5GHZ working fine or not but not working.  Why 5ghz External Antennas not working?  Please help me in this issue because i am suffering since long time with this issue.

Thanks,

Are you using a power injector or AC power adapter. The 1252's require more power than other AP's.

Thanks,

Scott Fella

Sent from my iPhone

-Scott

Just to add if you using PoE, unless your switch does enhanced power, the 1252 will run the 5ghz in degraded mode. If you test, you need to remove the 2.4ghz module from the base, you can't just disable the radio. Also the 1252 5ghz radio is 50mW max unlike the 2.4ghz which is 100mW.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/prod/switches/epoe.html

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/prod/collateral/wireless/ps5678/ps6973/ps8382/product_data_sheet0900aecd806b7c5c.html

Thanks,

Scott Fella

Sent from my iPhone

-Scott

Stephen Rodriguez
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

how many antenna do you have and on what port(s) ate they connected too?

On the 1252 the two outer ports are tx/rx while the middle is rx only

Steve

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

HTH,
Steve

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please remember to rate useful posts, and mark questions as answered

Thanks,

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: