cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

AIR-AP1252G-E-K9 access point and AIR-WLC4402-50-K9 controller

captainmajid
Level 1
Level 1

I have configured AIR-AP1252G-E-K9 (lightweight)and AIR-WLC4402-50-K9 controller and connect within same LAN but AP is not showing in the controller, please help

controller configuration is attached

Regards,

Majid

4 Replies 4

krishanmistry
Level 1
Level 1

Please provide more information e.g:

What software version is running on the WLC?

What is providing DHCP, and what is the scope?

Have you tried any debugs on the controller to see any LWAPP join requests, reaching the controller.

Regards

You mention above the part number for a autonomous AP then state it is LWAPP. Was it converted? If it was, is it attaching to the same controller it was initially attached with in the conversion process? If not, the SSC is the issue. You must install the SSC hash on the controller. Next, look at the date and time on the controller to insure accuracy. Next is the AP getting an IP address on the same subnet as the controller management and AP manager interface? If not then insure you get an IP address and enable option 43 or DNS lookup of the controller.

Hi, thanks for your response

A) Yes, I converted the following AP from autonomous to lightweight mode but with the help of (CiscoAironet-AP-to-LWAPP-Upgrade-Tool-v34), not through attaching the controller

B)Please tell me the steps of, how to install SSC hash on the controller and DNS related configs

Thnks & Best regards,

Majid

Required information is attached

No debugging messages are showing on controller

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card