cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

AIR-AP1852I-B-K9 and Symbol MC3200 handhelds

sdonnelly41
Level 1
Level 1

I currently have two AIR-AP1852I-B-K9 running Mobility Express 8.5.105.0. I have numerous MC3200 handhelds running Windows CE 7 that are not able to connect to my WLAN. The setup is using WPA2, no mac filtering and other mobile devices seem to connect fine. When I was running UniFi ACPRO's we had issues with 802.11d being enabled on the handhelds, and disabling that allowed them to connect. I've confirmed this is still disabled, but no luck in connecting. I'm banging my head against the wall at this point, any ideas folks? Thank you!

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

@sdonnelly41 wrote:

With direction from Zebra that had us change 802.11r from adaptive to enabled and then the MC3200's started to connect to the wireless!

Thanks for the updated.  Rated.

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame
Upgrade the firmware of the AP and then try again. 8.5.105.0 is very, very buggy.

Sandeep Choudhary
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

are these scanners old ? then they must spport WPA/TKIP encryption(my old motorola Scanners also support only wpa/tkip) ?

but .....but Cisco has started the process of phasing out WPA-TKIP.  Access Point model AIR-AP1852I does not support WPA-TKIP. 

Regards

Dont forget to rate helpful posts

We just purchased these a few months back for a project, and I'm sure they are not the latest and greatest. We have 9200's that work fine. 

For the firmware I'll have to see what I can do as we are testing these out and do not have access to download software for the AP's.

Sorry for the late response. With direction from Zebra that had us change 802.11r from adaptive to enabled and then the MC3200's started to connect to the wireless!

@sdonnelly41 wrote:

With direction from Zebra that had us change 802.11r from adaptive to enabled and then the MC3200's started to connect to the wireless!

Thanks for the updated.  Rated.

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card