cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

AIR-AP521G Help

MattCowen
Level 1
Level 1

Is there any way to set these AP's to factory default settings via the console?

We have a number  of AP's controlled by a 520 controller which no longer show.

I would like to start the whole setup process from scratch

Any advice appriciated

3 Replies 3

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Take a look at this thread as it has instructions on  how to factory reset the AP:

https://supportforums.cisco.com/thread/2127213

Thanks,

Scott

*****Help out other by using the rating system and marking answered questions as "Answered"*****

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

Many Thanks

I already came across this I'm looking to wipe any configuration on the AP's this was for the controller.

The copntroller has been factory reset as per the instructions in that documnet but it can see the AP's so I wish to rest those also

kcnajaf
Level 7
Level 7

Hi Matt,

I assume you have access to the MODE button on the AP.

If so you can use steps.

Step 1 Disconnect power (the power jack for external power or the Ethernet cable for in-line power) from the access point.

Step 2 Press and hold the MODE button while you reconnect power to the access point.

Step 3 Hold the MODE button until the Status LED turns amber (approximately 1 to 2 seconds), and release the button. All access point settings return to factory defaults.

More details can be found on below link. Even though this document is inteneted for IOS AP's it should work with LightWeight as well.

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/wireless/access_point/12-3_7_JA/configuration/guide/i1237sc/s37frst.html#wp1106482

Hope that helps.

Regards

Najaf

Please rate when applicable or helpful !!!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card