Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

AIR-CAP3602I-N-K9

Hi guys,

We've just purchased 4 of these WAPs and are now getting them set up - first issue we've run in to is it blinks Red / Yellow / Green. They didn't come with a manual, and the documentation on this site doesn't mention the LED being capable of blinking yellow so this has caused a fair amount of confusion. Can anyone shed some light on this?

Thanks.

6 REPLIES
Hall of Fame Super Gold

The AP you've purchased are

The APs you've purchased are most likely running on controller-based IOS.  If you don't have a wireless LAN controller (WLC) then you'll need to convert the AP to run autonomous IOS.  This can easily be done if you follow this procedure:   Using a TFTP Server to Return to a Previous Release

Thanks for that, Leo. 

Thanks for that, Leo. 

If you don't mind, I've got

If you don't mind, I've got another question - we actually do have a controller, but are unable to connect to the WAP (it does have an IP and we can ping it) with SSH or Telnet, and sticking it's IP address in the browser doesn't work either. What've I missed?

Hall of Fame Super Gold

Post the output to the

Post the output to the following commands: 

1.  WLC:  sh sysinfo; 

2.  WLC:  sh time; 

3.  AP:  sh version; 

4.  AP:  sh ip interface brief; and 

5.  AP:  sh inventory

WLC is a Cisco 2921 Router.

WLC is a Cisco 2921 Router.

sh sysinfo was not recognised as a command.

The only command relating to time was sh time range

We cannot connect to the AP to type in any commands, but those ones did work on the router. (We confirmed with sh inventory that our WLC module was installed)

Hall of Fame Super Gold

That means your WLC module is

That means your WLC module is not configured properly.

Views
Helpful
Replies