cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

AIR-CAP3702I iPad/Phone Guest access not working over 802.11a ( 5GHz )

vladakoci
Level 1
Level 1

We have a kind of BYOD access to Internet for iPhone users. We have a site C5508 controller with 7.6.100.0 and a DMZ ( anchor )  C5508 controller running 7.6.100.0 version as well.

We have several APs associated with the site WLAN controller; models are AIR-LAP1252AG, AIR-CAP3502I.

The iPhone clients work well with these APs, in both 2.4 and 5 GHz.

Recently we bought AIR-CAP3702I AP, got it associated with the site controller and iPhone users being connected to this AP complained they did not have access to Internet. All other SSIDs ( we have several ) worked fine.

I tried to make couple of changes and finally realized that if I turn off 5GHz ( 802.11a ) hard on this AP, the clients work well – means via 2.4 GHz.

I tried to upgrade the site controller to version 7.6.110.0, but this did not help and behaves the same way.

The site is a remote site and it is quite hard to perform tests directly with the users.

Does anyone have a clue what the issue could be about. Is it a kind of incompatibility between Cisco AIR-CAP3702I and iPhone in 802.11a ?

Thanks,

Vlad

1 Reply 1

Sandeep Choudhary
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi,

There are some open issues with 7.6 and 3700's.

Check this post:

https://supportforums.cisco.com/discussion/11898726/mfp-anomaly-detected

You can try this to by-pass the issue.

1) modify the configuration on WLAN to accept the encryption TKIP (worked good on 5Ghz)

2) Forcing the network card to work only to standard 802.11B/G/N (2,4 Ghz) without  802.11A (5 Ghz)

Regards

Dont forget to rate helpful posts

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card