cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

AIR-RM1252G-E-K9 changing from lightweight to autonomous?

faghouri83
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Everyone

I have a AIR-RM1252G-E-K9 access point which is in lightweight mode but need to change it to autonomous mode. After doing a bit of googling i understand its as simple as tftp'ing over an autonomous image.  Ive found a link below which states that i need version 12.3 or earlier:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/wireless/access_point/conversion/lwapp/upgrade/guide/lwapnote.html#wp161272

However i can only find images for this access point starting from 12.4.

Can anyone just clear things up for me and perhaps point me in the right direction?

thanks

4 Replies 4

dancampb
Level 7
Level 7

You can load any image to convert it back to IOS.

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

However i can only find images for this access point starting from 12.4.

Don't take everything literally.  WAP 1250 IOS always starts with 12.4.  What's IOS version number (only) written on the documentation is purely as-an-example only.

The procedure is correct as I always direct people to it.  The IOS version number is for the 1230 WAP.

Please don't forget to rate our useful posts.  Thanks.

Thanks for the informations guys but i have a problem..........

I downloaded the image c1250-k9w7-tar.124-21a.JA1.tar. I want to enable DHCP but i cant do this. Can anyone help me out with this?

Thanks

I downloaded the image c1250-k9w7-tar.124-21a.JA1.tar. I want to enable DHCP but i cant do this. Can anyone help me out with this?

Hmmmm ... It's either I don't understand what is your problem or something else.  For starters, 12.4(21a)JA1 supports the AP being a simple DHCP server:

WAP(config)#ip dhcp pool ?
WORD  Pool name

Next, you said you've "downloaded" the IOS.  Can you post the output of "sh version" please?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card