Views
Helpful
Replies

AIR-RM3000M (WSSM) Module not recognized

usantellani
Level 1
Level 1

Hello community,

I have several AP3602i access points here and want to pair them with an AIR-RM3000M WSSM Module.

However, some of the AP do not recognize the WSSM Module (on my WLC the Radio2 module does not show up).

When looking at the console output on bootup of the AP it simply says "Radio2 not present" just as if the module is not installed.

The same module in a different AP however, works fine. 

I thought of a hardware issue, but I have some 15 APs who show this behavior.

Any ideas?

Best regards

8 Replies 8

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

1.  What firmware is your WLC running? 

2.  How are you powering your AP?  PoE, PoE+, injector or power brick?  

1. WLC is running on 7.6.130.0

2. AP is powered via external power supply. But also tested with PoE+, however showing no difference.

If that is the case, then what is the Regulatory Domain of your AP and what is the Regulatory Domain of your WSSI module.  Both must be the same. 

Regulatory domain of AP = DE (Germany).

I'm not sure how to find out the regulatory domain of the WSSI module?

What I think your regulatory domain should be "E" for both AP's and WSSI.

Look at the WSSI module and look at the part number.  For Germany (Europe), your part number should have "-E".  If not, then this is most likely where the problem is.

On my WSSI module the part no. is "AIR-RM3000M".

Strange enough, all of the modules I have here show this part number. There seems to be no "E" version for this module.

usantellani
Level 1
Level 1

Well now, eventually I came to the bottom of this issue.

As it seems, the two screws of the need to be fully tightened with manual force until they show no further movement. I originally had them screwed in, but not far enough. 

I was able to reproduce this: if one of the screws are not fully in, the module will not be recognized! Turn them fully in and it works perfect again.

So, if you come about this issue: check your screws first!

Thanks to all, who have contributed, though!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card