Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

mx

Airespace 2006 controller and LEAP

Is there an update yet that will allow me to use LEAP auth with the Airespace products?

thanks!

bob

5 REPLIES
Bronze

Re: Airespace 2006 controller and LEAP

The 2006 can support leap. You need to set up a radius server on the 2006 wireless

controller. Please do the following on a http or https session.

1. click on "SECURITY"

2. click on "NEW" if you do not have a radius server defined. If you have defined a radius

server, please go to step #4.

3. create a radius server there.

4. click on "WLANs" Select the SSID. Make sure that you select "802.1X" as layer 2 security.

2 other gotchas I have heard if using ACS use "Radius Aironet" and try 104 bit encryption.

Hope this helps.

mx

Thanks stschmidt. I just went through all of this to no avail. I double checked my settings and even did a factory restore and started again, but still not talking with my radius server :(

I've been wondering how to do LEAP and EAP-FAST with the Airespace gear. I followed the instructions above and it works. My 4400 web management tool reports the client is authenticated using LEAP or EAP-FAST. The key is to use Radius (Aironet) on the Cisco ACS, and 802.1x in the Airespace SSID. We did have our ACS working with LEAP and EAP-FAST on our existing 1230G AP's, so the Airespace setup was easy.

mx

Thanks for the help guys. It was the antique version of code that I was using. As soon as I upgraded all seemed well. I was able to get the web auth working as well as leap.

However in LEAP, the client flaps. The client auths, connects, gets an IP Address and all is well. Then the connection to the AP is lost for a bit then it reassociates. It goes through this cycle every 60 seconds or so. Any ideas?

bob

Hi,

It goes through this cycle every 60 seconds or so. Any ideas? bob......

When encountering this kind of problems, check port setings (100 full duplex fixed) on both the controler port and the switch- connected to the AP's port.

Still having problems?:

Set Controller settings - Loadbalance agressively to "OFF"

Eventulally Set controller RF to fixed channel (use channel 1-6-11) and make a MAPdiagram in order to help you separate the AP's properly.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content