cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Airespace Location Server SNMP settings

AaronKluck
Level 1
Level 1

We're running a pilot of the new Airespace stuff, and we just got the Location Server. I've got it configured and on the network, I've got it recognized by the WCS, and I've got it synchronized with our WLAN Controller and the Network Designs.

...And it's not working. A few times a minute it's getting an error under Server Events saying, "Failed SNMP Request: <controller IP>."

All the SNMP settings on the controller and WCS are default, and they're communicating fine with each other. The Location Server, however, seems to have no available settings for SNMP. I presumed it just uses whatever the WCS's settings, but it is still failing.

Anyone else have similar problems with their Location Server?

1 Reply 1

wong34539
Level 6
Level 6

operation is not success. This indicates that NO_SUCH_NAME is returned for GET request and GEN_ERROR for Set Request.

Recommended Action: Copy the error message exactly as it appears in the system log. Issue the 'dsperr' command from the PXM to gather data that may provide information to determine the nature of the error. If you cannot determine the nature of the error from the error message text or from the 'dsperr' output, call your Cisco technical support representative and provide the representative with the gathered information.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: