Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Airespace Wireless Client periodically unable to obtain DHCP

I am experiencing a problem at a couple of customer sites. I have the WLC configured to point to a Microsoft DHCP server. Periodically, all of the clients will be unable to obtain a DHCP address. Currently, the only fix I have been able to come up with is to reboot the WLC. Obviously, this is not the desired solution. Has anybody experienced this problem and been able to permanently fix it?

• Other Wireless - Mobility Subjects
18 REPLIES
Green

Re: Airespace Wireless Client periodically unable to obtain DHCP

What version of the OS and client software are you using?

Have you done a bug check on CCO?

On the clients, are you using the vendor's client software, or MS Zero Wireless Config?

Let us know

Scott

I have not done a bug check yet. The cleints are using the windows wireless client.

I have the exact same problem. The 4404 passes the DHCP addresses from the DHCP server to the clients until it just stops. The clients appear to be connecting, but then return an error of "this connection has limited or no connectivity". That is my sign to go reboot the controller. There isn't a bug listed for it yet and I need a patch or fix if anyone has it. Thanks!

We encountered the same issue and were told by Cisco TAC to use the local DHCP server. The engineer said it was a bug that should be fixed in January.

I am having the same problem and this is the bug CSCse79793.

i too

and when i put comm 'sh dot ass'

i see a next screen

---------------------

0004.6147.a875 172.16.3.236 unknown - self As

c

0004.6169.de1f 0.0.0.0 unknown - self As

c

0011.95c3.9b91 172.16.3.150 4500-radio - self As

0004.6169.de1f 0.0.0.0 - no IP address

and again

i have just one AP1231G, but my problem same too - wireless clients not obtaining IPs periodic from external DHXP server (freeBSD)

With wired clients working good

Hi folks,

I talked to the TAC and they said this is an issue with 4.0.187.8 and they are working on a fix. The alternative is to use the internal DHCP server on the controller. That isn't an option at this client, yet; but I am looking forward to a fix as this is quite frustrating to reboot randomly to fix it.

Views
Helpful
Replies
This widget could not be displayed.