Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Aironet 1100 IOS upgrade fails

I have three older Aironet 1100's with the 12.2.(13)JA4 IOS nad wanted to upgrade them to the latest release, 12.3.(8)JEA. When I try, the upgrade appears to start correctly but then errors out with the message "The software upgrade was interrupted- Upgrade failed." The access point still functions correctly but how can I complete this upgrade? The upgrade worked with the other 5 access points I have but they had a more current version of the IOS.

I have also tried downloading previous releases of the IOS in an attempt to make a graduated upgrade to the most recent IOS version. I get the same error.

Thanks

5 REPLIES

Re: Aironet 1100 IOS upgrade fails

By chance are you attempting the upgrade via the GUI? If so you will want to upgrade them using the CLI. I find the IPSU utility is helpful to locate the IP addy to than open a telnet session. Once in telnet make sure your IOS is in the TFTP root folder. Your command should look something like the following below if I remember correctly. You can also do a search within NetPro and find a few posts on this as well. Good luck.

ap#archive download-sw /overwrite tftp://(tftp ip)/c1100-k9w7-tar.(ios release).tar

Initially, I was trying to upgrade through the GUI. Finally gave up on that idea and telneted into the accesspoint. Tried to do the upgrade via TFTP and it errors out also. I finally gave up for the night and I will try again tomorrow. I will also do a search here for updating the IOS via telent and TFTP and see if it turns up anything new.

Thanks again

Dave

Silver

Hi Dave,

how do you tried the upgrade?

Please have a look on you ram and flsh sizes.

The JEA needs 8 Mb flash and 16 MB ram.

Maybe you should use the /overwrite switch from the archive command.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/partner/products/hw/wireless/ps430/products_configuration_guide_chapter09186a0080606cc2.html#wp1035609

Best regards,

Frank

I cannot access that link. My login only has 'Guest' access :( However, I do have enough Flash and RAM available but I will give the Archive switch a try. Thanks for all the help so far.

First, thanks to everyone for their help and suggestions. Following up on your responses, I found this command string that worked to update the IOS on the remaining access points.

archive download-sw /force-reload /overwrite tftp://servername/ios_image_name.tar

Thanks again.

Dave

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content