cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Aironet 1200 and iPhone

dmanning123
Level 1
Level 1

I installed a Cisco Aironet 1200 access point for use with a few Macs, some old Dell D600 and iPhones. I have enabled both G and A netorks (tried various channels as well) and cannot get the old Dell D600 and/or iPhones (3G and 3GS) to see the network. The Macs and my printers see it perfectly. Any suggestions?

System SW: 12.3(8)JEC

Network uses WEP and the SSID is broadcasted.

5 Replies 5

daniel.keith
Level 1
Level 1

I'm having a similar issue, iPhones connect to the broadcasting open SSID but not stay connected to the hidden simple WEP 128bit network. I've even tried a WPA2 network but iPhones won't stay authenticated to it either, and it was broadcasting. Using 1200 with same IOS version, going to try latest IOS today and see.

Daniel, please post your results after the upgrade. My problem still continues. I've had to fire up an old Linksys WAP to connect my iPhones and old Dell computers.

Good luck.

Dave.

I installed IOS version c1200-k9w7-tar.123-8.JED and iPhones with version 3.0 work fine, but 3.0 and up still do not, but I turned off broadcasting on my public SSID and they all work now. This is just a temporary solution for now, but I think helps troubleshoot the problem.

palthainon
Level 1
Level 1

WEP sucks, don't use it. Use basic WPA and experiment with WPA2 PSK.

ericwoodin
Level 1
Level 1

If you take off the encryption all together will your devices connect? Is it a static WEP key?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: