cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Aironet 1200 packet curruption or is something else?

ruinazario
Level 1
Level 1

I´m having problems with some clients ,of my aironet 1200 i´ve ched the log and i´found a warning with the message "Packet to client XXX.XXX.XXX reached max retries, removing the client".

The radio signal is good .

I´ve tried to solve it disabling the aironet extensions and increasing the retry limit,but i had no success.

I´m currently using the firmware from last September.

If any of you had a simillar problem ,can you please post a solution or the settings to make it more stable.

Thanks

1 Reply 1

scottmac
Level 10
Level 10

It is possible to have a "good" strong signal, but not be able to pass traffic ..... because the signal quality is bad.

The SQ could be bad from a variety of interfering signals or multipath.

The error you've posted would be the same as if the client suddenly lost power .... the client just went away ... (or didn't respond, so the AP cleared the association).

You may want to check your NIC settings; some drivers/utilities default to powering down if there's no traffic for some period of time ('Power Save mode").

This is different than the wireless power save mode where the AP knows the client is sleeping and saves/stores the traffic until the client "wakes up" (typically a few milliseconds).

Some BIOS have setting to allow the system to put the NIC to sleep after a period of inactiviity as well.

You're either losing the signal (strength and / or quality), or the NIC is going to sleep (by the OS or the BIOS).

Good Luck

Scott

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card