cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Aironet 1200 problem

haseeb_eng
Level 1
Level 1

On my laptop i had installed 802.11b PC card (AIR-PCM352) to make wireless network with aironet 1200 . On my laptop i had installed aironet client utility(ACU) also but during installation i did not choosed LEAP(because there is no radius server).On aironet 1200 ethernet port i can connect from my same laptop and can do configuration through web interface and telnet .

IP = 10.0.0.1 / 24

GW = 255.255.255.255 (which are by default on aironet 1200) . On my laptop's AIR-PCM352 card i had configured 10.0.0.3/24 , but it is not coming up . I had used different IP ranges and had tested with other aironet 1200 also but all in vain .

I had checked the status & activity LEDs of the PC wireless card and lights are coming on that so this means that nothing to do with the card . And in Aironet Client Utility(ACU) i can see signal qulity 0% .The antenna on aironet 1200's 2.4 GHz port is indoor antenna with 60 degrees E-Plane & H-Plane . I had put the antenna on 2nd port also but still the signal quality is 0 % . What could be the possible problem .

SSID is also fine

2 Replies 2

blue.modal
Level 1
Level 1

Something's not connected. Check you antenna cable all the way back to the radio module.

Matthew Wheeler

Chief Wireless Architect

www.BlueModal.com

I think it could be other issue. At first, AP1200 must have setings broadcast SSID - enable, and generic 802.11b support - enable (if you have not-Cisco PC card on notebook). Then, set the same SSID on notebook (on AP by default SSID = tsunami), at this moment notebook make discovet radio network, and blink LED's - receive broadcast pakets.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card